Pages

Friday, May 6, 2016

The Off Ski Season (aka My TV Watching Season)

This month has been our off month for cross-country skiing. Over the course of the past month I have done very little physical activity. I went on a few short "runs", if you could even call them that. They were more like walks with sprinkles of running thrown in there.

I have spent my off month doing basically two things. Studying and watching TV. I am currently taking AP geography and the AP test is rapidly approaching. Even though I am well aware that I should be studying for that, I have been spending most of my time watching TV. I know this blog is supposed to be about cross-country skiing, but oh well. This is how I've been wasting time lately in the absence of skiing.

Monday: SCORPION! Scorpion is a show about a group of geniuses who work for homeland security and solve crimes. The team consists of Walter, Toby, Happy, Sylvester, Paige and Cabe. Everyone has their own special talents (i.e. programming, math, behavior analysis, etc.) that they add to the team. This show is so intelligent and incredibly entertaining to watch.
Team Scorpion!! (credits)
Tuesday: Pretty Little Liars and Shadowhunters. Pretty Little Liars is a very complicated TV show about four girls who are being stalked by "A". Shadowhunters is based on the Mortal Instruments series. For those of you who don't know it is about a girl, Clary Fray, who realizes that she is a shadowhunter (part human, part angel). She gets sucked into the "shadow world", which is the hidden world where vampires, werewolves and demons exist.
Pretty Little Liars (credit)

Wednesday: Survivor. Survivor is a reality TV show where contestants compete for a million dollars and the group votes one person off each week. It is a mental, physical and social game where they compete in challenges for rewards (food) and immunity (they can't get voted off).

Thursday: Grey's Anatomy and How to Get Away with Murder. I already wrote a blog post about this two shows, so I won't go into too much detail describing them. However, they are both incredibly good and I highly recommend watching them (just make sure you don't have anything to do because it will take up all of your time).

Friday
: The Amazing Race. The Amazing Race is a reality TV show where teams of two race around the world competing in challenges for a million dollars.

Saturday: Netflix shows: Psych and House M.D.  Psych is a comedy show about a fake physic detective who solves crimes for the SBPD. The show is remarkably funny and I laugh watching every episode. House M.D. is a show about a doctor who only takes on extreme cases and solves them by treating them, instead of running labs. House will make you really frustrated at first (like who just treats someone for a disease they might not have?), but you will grow to love his (extremely sarcastic) sense of humor.
The pose is actually pretty cool in the show (credit)

Sunday: Quantico. Quantico is a TV about a group of FBI agents attempting to figure out who the terrorist is. Plot twist: the terrorist is working from within the FBI. The main character, Alex, has to race to find out who the terrorist is before they kill her friends.

So, those are my recommendations. I have more, but this blog post would be way too long if I talked about all of them. Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on about my favorite TV shows.

- Claire


2 comments:

  1. This is amazing, you literally have it all planned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SCORPION! This is my favorite blog post ever.

    ReplyDelete